Transfofa em Blog

Um espaço especial e pessoal, para dar relevo a cada momento único - Bem Vind@ ao meu Blog!

sábado, agosto 25, 2007

[Russia]
Peruvian Transsexual Surprises Kidnappers
A former police officer and a friend got a surprise when the Peruvian woman they thought they were kidnapping on a Moscow street turned out to be a pre-operative transsexual.
Kidnappers snatch Peruvian transsexual
A former police officer and a friend must have been surprised to find the woman they snatched on a Moscow street turned out to be a pre-operative transsexual.

[USA]
Inside Kate
After writing my last film review on TransAmerica (March/April 2006 issue), I received an email from the editor, Tiffany. I was surprised to see it was from Katherine Connella who read my review. I wanted to learn more about Katherine (Kate) so I contacted her and asked if she would be willing to educate others on her life as an entertainer, Christian, author and hermaphrodite. More than willing to share her knowledge, Kate and I conducted the following interview.
Photo: Katherine Today
[Commentary/ Films] The Refreshing Side of TransAmerica
It has been three days since I saw the film TransAmerica. I cannot get the film, Felicity Huffman's portrayal of a transgender man or the underlying content of the film out of my head.

[MA,USA]
Lawyers attack credibility of IRS witness in sex-change case
Lawyers for the woman who deducted the $25,000 cost of her sex change operation on her federal taxes attacked the credibilityof a high-profile government witness on Thursday who testified that gender identity disorder is not a disease.
IRS witness: Transgenderism not a "disease"
A woman should be allowed to deduct her $25,000 gender-reassignment surgery on her federal taxes because her gender identity disorder was a medical condition, her lawyers argued Thursday. The U.S. tax agency would not let Rhiannon O'Donnabhain take the deduction, claiming that her operation was cosmetic and not medically necessary.

[AZ/FL, USA]
Ex-Largo Official May Be Seeking Ariz. Post
The former city manager of Largo, who was fired earlier this year when his sex change plans were made public, reportedly has applied for the city manager's job in the Phoenix suburb of Tempe.

[USA]
Friday guest blogger: Julia Serano
Julia Serano <http://www.juliaser ano.com/> is an Oakland, California-based writer, spoken word performer, trans activist, and biologist.

[USA]
I'm Just an Angry Transsexual Activist Mafioso
In KQED's recent interview of J Michael Bailey and Alice Dreger <http://www.kqed. org/epArchive/ R708221000? itemMD5=04fd25b4 5673a8d717a864ad 17517387> , Bailey said: "Again I reject the assertion that it's all transgendered people are offended by my book. Many transgendered people are actually very happy that people are finally talking about this phenomenon called autogynophelia, which they feel captures their motivation."

[NY,USA]
Ulster BOCES principal plans sex change
The highly acclaimed principal at the Ulster BOCES Career & Technical Center is undergoing a sex change.

[CA,USA]
A Bi-Transgender Fight
You know you've made it in San Francisco as a marginalized group when you start getting in fights with other marginalized groups -- so a local bisexual advocacy/social group <http://www.ebar. com/news/ article.php? sec=news& article=2119> is under fire for their policies excluding <http://www.chasinga mysocialclub. com/about. html> certain transgender persons.

[GA,USA]
Telling My Sister I'm Transgendered
After two years of living in Georgia as Sarah, I decided it was time to tell someone in my family that I am transgendered. I moved here to hide it from and protect them but I have become more content with the person I am and thought it was time to start telling my family the real reason I moved away.