Transfofa em Blog

Um espaço especial e pessoal, para dar relevo a cada momento único - Bem Vind@ ao meu Blog!

domingo, novembro 04, 2007

[India]
When Ramesh Venkatesan realised that he wanted to be a woman as a teenager he was too ashamed to tell his family and friends.
He even pretended to be in love with a girl at his college in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
Today, aged 28, he not only wears a sari and make-up openly in the street, but next month he will become the first transsexual host of an Indian television programme.
Photo: Ramesh Venkatesan (Rose)

[CA,USA]
Officials at a California public school have cancelled a cross-dressing day, following a slew of parental complaints.

[MI,USA]
Friends, family and classmates gathered at dusk Friday on the soccer field at Black River Public School to remember a transgender youth who committed suicide Monday.
A West Michigan teenager recently took his own life, a death that is part of a startling statistic among individuals who literally feel they were born with the wrong bodies.

[USA]
Screen writers are turning to transexuals to add shock to shows.

[MI,USA]
"I do this work so people don't have to be lonely; so they don't have to be devastated. When I came out as trans, I was devastated. Within in a few months, I lost my marriage, my job, my career. But out of that came TransGender Michigan. And if my crisis hadn't happened, there probably still wouldn't be a statewide organization. " - Rachel Crandell
Photo: TransGender Michigan founder Rachael Crandall. BTL photo: Jason A. Michael