Transfofa em Blog

Um espaço especial e pessoal, para dar relevo a cada momento único - Bem Vind@ ao meu Blog!

quarta-feira, maio 02, 2007

[India]
Eunuch ties 'knot' with man in Orissa
A eunuch tied the knot with a man on Sunday in the presence of hundreds of transsexuals from across Orissa who blessed the couple and danced to Hindi film songs.

[India]
Eunuchs welcome Tamil Nadu Government move to assure their basic rights
Eunuchs holding red coloured balloons and umbrellas, walked through the streets of Koovagam in Tamil Nadu on Monday to welcome the State Government's move to assure their basic rights.

[Thailand]
Can't Live with Him, Can't Live without Him
While my blond Eagle Eyes Action Man and I gouged out the tarmac in the street with my dad's claw hammer, my brother would be playing with his female friends' dolls: Barbies, Cindys, and of course the innovative nappy wetter. He played the nurse, my mate played the doctor, and I, always the patient. I could beat him in a fight even though I had a three year age disadvantage, and as repayment for verbal abuse concerning my brother's feminine proclivities by older guys we both knew, I occasionally punished him by throwing his girly toys in the dustbin.

[CA, USA] [Commentary]
L.A. Times writer has courage to be herself
It is not my habit to bestow kudos on other writers. Especially those who write for other newspapers. But Thursday's story by Mike Penner, 49, of the Los Angeles Times was one of the most courageous I ever have read.

[CA, USA]
Lesbian, transgender couple become mystery writers
THEY SAY WRITERS should write what they know. For some authors, that comes naturally.

[CA, USA]
Sarah Castro
The other day I was searching news stories in the Associated Press when I came across a title that immediately caught my attention. "Girl Runs for Prom King," the article read. I clicked on the story and up popped a picture of a high school senior girl slipping a tuxedo jacket over her dress shirt, vest and tie. The picture was accompanied by a story about Cinthia Covarrubias from Fresno High School. Covarrubias is not only taking another girl to her prom as her date, but is running for prom king, too.